16 June 2013

Up In The Air

Well ... Starting from 2010 onwards, I have had a good opportunity to fly very often on business trip... So I would borrow the tittle of George Clooney's movie "Up In The Air" for this blog, the highlight of the story is nearly 70%-80% same, the differences were only at romanticism  part and the job of course, while George going to fires employee, I was going for doing something else.

For example, today probably I was in city A, within less than next 24 hours, I could be 1000 miles away from city A ... The flights may be considered as short flight, max approx only up to 2 to 4 hours, but in each go, it could be 2 - 3 weeks in a row.

Though it was a very hectic time, because definitely I was not on holiday at that time, but basically I love traveling, so I would keep my each trip as enjoy as it can be ... 

So, whenever I would go for travel, I keep my check lists as below, may be it can be useful tips for you as well:

1. Booked your flight few days before your departure - if you have fix schedule.
2. Booked your seat - if the airline allowing you to do that.
2. Complete your packing at least 1 day before your departure - check and re-check all the items once again. For me, I have my 'hot luggage' ready anytime, so I don't need to re-packing again.
3. Don't bring too many luggage - For me 1 bag for laptop and 1 cabin size luggage will be efficient.
4. Check and re-check your itinerary - ensure you don't miss anything.
5. Booked your hotel where you are going to stay.
6. Ensure your credit card is still valid and not in its limit - I would prefer using CC rather than carrying money in cash. 
7. If you flying often, I would suggest you to enroll for airline membership card - It can give you more benefit.

Especially for sitting arrangement, I have my own tips. As I mentioned above, make it as enjoy as it can be ... 

Mostly I am flying with Garuda Indonesia Boeing 737-800 NG for domestic flight.


 So whenever I booked my flight, I would ensure to have any seat between seat number 15 or 16, yes it is at emergency window for 800 series i believe. 


Reasons:


1. It has wider compartment, will make you easy for moving.
2. It has integrated table, will make you easy to grab your food or to put your laptop/tablet.
3. I always booked seat position in the row A, C, D or F (A and F is at the window) and (C and D is at the aisle)
4. I choose A and F is whenever I want to enjoy the scenery.
5. I choose C and D is whenever I was in hurry, so you can grab your luggage in the trunk above you easily
6. Sometimes, beautiful flight attendant will sit on this row (if flight is empty) during take off and landing - So do your tricks dude ... hahahahaha ... 
7. Don't ever pick seat in front of first emergency row, why ?? It can not be adjusted so be ready for it.

Happy flying ... 

" You have a new backpack. Only this time, I want you to fill it with people. Start with casual acquaintances, friends of friends, folks around the office, and then you move into the people that you trust with your most intimate secrets. Your cousins, your aunts, your uncles, your brothers, your sisters, your parents and finally your husband, your wife, your boyfriend or your girlfriend. You get them into that backpack. And don't worry. I'm not gonna ask you to light it on fire. Feel the weight of that bag. Make no mistake - your relationships are the heaviest components in your life. Do you feel the straps cutting into your shoulders? All those negotiations and arguments, and secrets and compromises. You don't need to carry all that weight. Why don't you set that bag down? Some animals were meant to carry each other, to live symbiotically for a lifetime - star crossed lovers, monogamous swans. We are not those animals. The slower we move, the faster we die. We are not swans. We're sharks."

        - Ryan Bingham - 

No comments:

Post a Comment