14 June 2013

Old Cell Never Dies

Few weeks back my attention was diverted with some 'old school' cellular phone while I was browsing on the net, I think it's going to be awesome if I can re-use it for daily use. It should be a simple phone, back to basic of its creation few decades back, to send and receive voice call and short message service (SMS) only.

My agenda is to re-purchase all the cells which I have used to use it in the past, starting from the late 90's to mid 2000's - the time before I switched to smart phone. So, I started to hunt few models of cells on the net and to some shops, damnn it is very difficult to find those stuff now !! And even if you are lucky to find it, the price is extremely higher, more than its original price, especially for some models like Ericsson R310sc, Ericsson R250d, Ericsson R380. The price of each of those three items is equal to the price of brand new smart phone today !! Can you imagine?! 

I won't sell them if I know the price will be like this now.

R310sc

R380

R380 (James Bond can control his BMW 7 Series using this phone)


Those 3 items above are still in my whist list for few months ahead. 

As of now, I have recovered these 2 cells below, all are still in great shape (99%), not bad for starting I guess. I use both for my primary business handset.

Nokia 6310i Mercedes Benz Edition

T28s (Lightest and smallest cell at the time)
 














The sensation is when you are in the middle of crowds, while the people around you are busy playing with their smart phone, you just simply take it out from your pocket, hold it in your palm or just pretend to check your SMS inbox, I can guarantee that few seconds later, they will get shocked as if they seeing some alien technology before their eyes.

One day, one of my colleague in office borrowed my T28s, he took a picture of it and shared it across his BBM contacts and posted it on his social media ... 

Don't you think design of most the modern cell nowadays are so boring ?! They all are look similar, flat, no antenna, even they has no button in it !! What is this ?? 

Old cell never dies, a blast from the past !

No comments:

Post a Comment