15 June 2013

Golden Hour



In my daily routes to office, In the right side of the street, I saw there is 1 new building which still under final construction, it's going to be a new hospital in the areas, I think it may fully operates within few weeks ahead. 

I just wondering, how did the stakeholders can choose that place as hospital ? For your information, the street in front of it is too narrow, it is one way street and it is center of traffic jam in busy hours (in the morning and in evening).

My concern is, how do they will manage any emergency calls in the future ? It is going to be very difficult for an ambulance or any vehicle to reach there. Remember they are dealing with people's life, they are racing with time in matter of seconds, it is not only for business at all !!

If I can borrow the terminology from United States Air Force Para Rescue Team, each emergency call should be completed within 'GOLDEN HOUR' time frame, it counted starting from the time they dispatched, evacuate the wounded into chopper, stabilizing the wounded, take the wounded to nearest hospital, then handed over the wounded to the doctor for further medical action required, and all should be completed in ONE HOUR !! If they exceeded the time, it may consider as failed mission because it can jeopardize the life of the wounded. Don't you think it is make sense right ?

That hospital is only 1 simple example, I am sure, in this city there are many similar cases occurred. In general, not only for hospital, what about emergency cases for fire department ? Emergency cases for police department ? If we cannot fix it, there might be many life's endanger and get wasted everyday.

I am not an expert in this field, it just my worries as the citizen, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment