30 July 2013

Quarterly Business Review

18 July 2013 is the date when I must presenting regular business review analysis in front of customer, or usually we call it 'Quarterly Business Review'. 

Doing business presentation was the very first time for me, not only the first time after I joined Cisco, but first time for me ever. Previously I was used to presenting limited materials that related to technical stuff in particular details. But now, I must presenting the tings in a bit wider scope.

Hence the contents are focused on high level operational perspective, that cover certain period of business time in quarter basis (every 3 months). To elaborate the data, I have raw data ready in hand, provided by my colleague in the region. At first, it seems that it is too difficult, as I have to convert and translate all the numbers into data and statistics. To be honest, dealing with numbers is one of my weakness ... For your information I just got D for my calculus in my collage, what a shame !

So, one week before the date ... I was very loaded with preparations, I just got one time opportunity to do one-on-one shadowing with my senior team member and one time dry run session with internal team, corrections-update, corrections-update, and bla bla bla ... Lesson learned here are, I need to improve my skills in terms of attention to details, to have better broad and deep understanding into a thing, last but not least excellent presentation and communication skill ...

No comments:

Post a Comment